Have I told you how much I adore my new art journal?
It seems like it magically unlocked a new door of creativity inside me, a complete different style that I didn't quite know I had in there.
So here is a new page I've been working on:
(Once a girl has the right shoes, she can conquer the world)
I've been very fond of pretty silhouettes lately, and including one in my project was my first choice.
If you've been reading my blog for a while you'd probably notice that my art style is the kind that's cartoon-ish , whimsical with lots of bright colors and kawaii faces, but somehow the elegance of silhouettes made me give up on the kiddy-kid drawings for a while and start trying for a more "grown-up" style.
- I started with violet cardstock.
- Stenciled a doily, cut and colored silhouettes.
- added the dots to the background.
- Next I got on with the quote and left a space for the yarn words.
- Brushed a layer of mod podge and "drew" the letters with some yarn.
- Doodled above the mannequin.
Have a nice day,